Friday, January 29, 2010

Sarah Winchester's Relatives Were Here

I went to look at a house last night and couldn't help thinking of the Winchester house in California. After the viewing, I switched on the car and was stunned to discover that an hour and some change had passed. I couldn't believe we'd been wandering around this house for that long.

The place looked normal from the street...well...maybe normal is stretching it a little, but the house didn't attract any attention aside from the copious amount of brick everywhere. Inside though, it was like trekking through the small intestines of Siamese triplets (if there is such a thing). I got lost and swear someone was following me around. I pulled back curtains to look out a window and found a wall. I can't count how many times I flipped a wall switch (of which there were nearly 40) and nothing happened (that I could see).

And the pool...what can I say...it's like a set from Indiana Jones...or better yet, Mines of Solomon. Seriously, it looks like a cave with a waterfall in it.

I'm tempted to buy the place and sell tickets, but I'd have to get people to sign a waiver before they went in. Plus, I don't know what to do with all the ghosts. I can't aford to keep building rooms like Sarah Winchester.

No comments: